Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Katy Perry Talks Weed, Aliens, Her Virginity and More Pop star opens up in a revealing new interview

Since releasing Prism this past October, Katy Perry has been consistently in the news. Maybe not at the same level as during the "I Kissed a Girl" days, but, to cite just a few instances, she irked some with her AMA performance, got career advice from Stevie Nicks and recently announced a large North American tour. And in the new issue of GQ, Perry is profiled for a cover story wherein she opens up about her thoughts on many news-worthy subjects, including sex, drugs and religion. Here are the best bits: 
See Where Katy Perry's 'Roar' Ranks on Our 100 Best Songs of 2013
On smoking pot: "I can't do that stuff. I'd be like in the corner: 'Are you trying to kill me?!'"
On geishas: "Geishas are basically, like, the masters of loving unconditionally."
On what she dreamed about when she was 11: "I lay on my back one night and looked down at my feet, and I prayed to God. I said, "God, will you please let me have boobs so big that I can't see my feet when I'm lying down?"
On how she got paid for her early performances: "I'd go to the farmers' market in Santa Barbara, and I'd put out my guitar case, and I'd test out these little ditty songs that I would write, and I would get a couple of avocados, a bit of pistachios, and, like, fifteen bucks. That was a lot of money for me." 
On Jeff Buckley's Grace, which was playing when she lost her virginity: "I love that record so much."
On the afterlife: "I do not believe God is an old guy sitting on a throne with a long beard … I don't believe in heaven and hell as a destination."
On plastic surgery: "I've never had any plastic surgery. Not a nose, a chin, not a cheek, not a tit. So my messages of self-empowerment are truly coming from an au naturel product."
On being new age-y: "I see everything from a spiritual lens. I believe in a lot of astrology. I believe in aliens." 
On how she helped Obama's re-election: "I might have won Wisconsin for him. Actually, I didn't do too much, but he called on me a couple of times. Which was very nice." 

No comments:

Post a Comment